The sideways look was momentary. I think it makes the image, balancing the composition and reminding the viewer there is someone else in the room…
This session was about how blue works with orange and skin tones.
Made while sitting on the floor, which produced some interesting distortions. At one point he head was half the size. People liked the electrical plugs and switches, these details bring us into the real world. Acrylic on paper. Size 100x70cm. Time taken 2 hours.
The face in detail.
The painting was made in these stages:
1. Choosing the viewpoint
2. Sponge filled with watery paint to work out the main composition
3. Drawing with 3 coloured pencils
4. Painting with acrylics, using large brushes
5. Drawing with 2 coloured pencils
6. Painting with smaller brushes
7. Final touches in pencil